Coastal Marine Guiding Skills
Timm Blue is very excited to have produced a new comprehensive marine guiding course which focuses on conserving the oceans, sustainable initiatives, sustainable fish farming methods and what we can do to make a change to our ocean and planets future.
The course, written by Dr. Judy Mann of SAAMBR, a conservation strategist and an expert in her field, has given us the ability to discuss and educate on topics that have not been taught anywhere in the guiding industry yet. Issued to students of Timm Blue Conservation, this manual takes guiding knowledge, conservation and marine biology to a depth that will impact our students in a ground-shaking way.
Perfect for guides who wish to expand their knowledge from the terrestrial side of guiding, and also for those students with a love for the marine world.
- 9 Week Duration
- Accommodation and meals six days a week (excluding Sunday)
- Transfers between camp and practical locations, plus field trip transport
- Timm Blue Marine Uniform (T-shirts, fleece and hat)
- Course related guide books and study materials
- Classroom and practical based course
- A mixture of lectures based at Triton Dive Lodge, alongside putting the knowledge into working on the beach with for example, rocky shore and dune studies.
- SharkLife Internship
- Provided in the course is a SharkLife Conservation Group internship based in Sodwana Bay. A combination of classroom studies, laboratory practical work and ocean sessions with the unique experience and potential to swim with these complex and interesting animals.
- CMAS One Star Dive Qualification
- Students can complete a week long open water dive qualification, including ocean dives in Sodwana Bay.
- Field Trips to uShaka Marine Aquarium and Sharksboard in Durban
- Accommodation and entry to the parks included
- Basic marine and ocean first aid and safety